Early years (1938~1960)
History of Samsung C&T Corporation
The beginning of Samsung C&T Corporation, the parent company of Samsung Group, can be traced back to Samsung Sanghoe, established by the late CEO and founder Lee Byung-chul in 1938.
- Received Gold Tower Order of Industrial Service Merit Award on the 6th National Export Day
- Began export of military fabric to Ethiopia
- Received presidential honor award on the 1st National Export Day
- Established of NewYork Office
- Established Tokyo Office
- Relocated headquarters to Seoul
- Established 'Samsung Mulsan' (Samsung C&T Corporation)
- Founded 'Samsung Sanghoe'